The Fourth Dimension


Recently my coworker, Vivek, showed me an interesting website. It is entirely a math website but it visually explains difficult math concepts. What I wanted to show here was the fourth dimension. There are ten chapters showing at this link. The first four are the ones that focus on the fourth dimension.

The website is called Dimensions

1) 3D mapping to a 2D plain
2) 2D lizards understanding 3D space
3) Understanding the 4D objects in 3D space
4) 4D mapping to 3D space

Each chapter is 14 minutes long. If you feel like you grasp the fourth dimension after watching these videos please try to help me understand it. I think I started to get the concepts but actually trying to visualize it is very difficult.

If your studying complex numbers and want to understand them better the next two chapters may help:

5-6) Complex numbers
7-8) Fibration of 2D space into 3D space
9) Mathematical proof of a sphere
10) Intro to other math principles

Comments