True Happiness is Back Again!!


Do you ever get the feeling that if God truly loved us He would find some way to talk to us again? Guide us again? Do you ever read the scriptures and wonder why God favored the people of the bible more than the people of today?

They talked of gifts: gifts of healing, tongues, visions and revelations. Tongues, where whole congregations understood what was being spoken and were enlightened and enlivened by the word of God. And yet today there is not much talk of visions and revelations. I hear people say that God doesn't speak to men any more because he said all that needs to be said. What time on earth needed the voice of God more than we need it now?

There is also talk of faith and miracles in the scriptures. There was the large exodus and a major defeat of many cities and a large nation under the command of God. Many nations were miraculously destroyed attempting to attack or defeat God's people without a sword being raised. There were many blessings of unity, health and prosperity.

A church was organized by God through His Son. There were "apostles ... prophets ... evangelists ... pastors and teachers; For the perfecting of the saints." But there isn't much talk of prophets, except false prophets; and yet I'm not perfect and I don't see a group of people on the earth that is. Where did apostles go if the saints, God's people, are not yet perfect? That was their purpose and yet history tells us that they were killed.

I belong to a church that has apostles and prophets who talk with God and tell us what He says. It is the church of Jesus Christ which was reorganized in 1830 after centuries of being removed from the earth when the people rejected and killed the original apostles in the first century. They came back again under the command of God to restore the same teachings and organization that was taught at the feet of Christ. This weekend the living apostles and prophets will be talking to the world.

I have seen miracles in my life. I have seen and known people with the gift of tongues. I have had it myself from time to time and I was understood by those who heard me. I have known people who have had visions of angels. I have had revelations as recently as yesterday. I have seen miraculous healings. I have prayed and seen immediate answers. I have heard modern prophesies and watched their fulfilment; prophesies warning of events that would occur and saw them happen.

I have heard with my own ears warnings against the prevelant sins of our day, today, and watched people who listened and obeyed those warnings avoid the devestating consequences of disobedience and find joy, peace and happiness. I have found joy, peace and happiness in obeying the words of living prophets. There are many truths still around from Christ's day that are taught in many areas. These truths bring happiness but on top of that there are many other truths that were lost when the apostles of old died and they have been restored. All of these bring true happiness, happiness that only comes in faithful obedienced and can't wait to hear them again this weekend.

Comments

Chantalita said…
I'm looking forward to it too.