1000 Cervical Quick Scans


I want to share a goal that I made using the SUCCESS principles that I presented in December. I made a goal to do 1000 cervical quick scans which are used by chiropractors to determine if there are any joint problems in a person's neck. I made this goal on Wednesday February 20th first thing in the morning:

State your Purpose: Do 1000 cervical quick scans before the end of the school quarter to increase my motion palpation skills.
Understand your Vision: I want to start building my future chiropractic business today by talking to people I don't know so I can build up my confidence and prepare to do the same thing in the future. I want to recruit my own patients for student and out patient clinics, as well as my future practice. I also want to publish my goal in the Vital Source to prepare for publishing research in the future.
Confirm your Commitment: I will start my morning by asking people in my first class. I will stop people I don't know. I will print off a sign and create my own booth. I will have a sign-up sheet with my stated purpose.
Create your Support: I will ask my friends to encourage me and even sit with me at my booth if I am too nervous. I will tell people at the Vital Source what I am doing. I will carry the sign-up sheet wherever I go.
Establish your Timeline: I will do this at the beginning of classes and on breaks. I will do this for at least an hour on Mondays and Wednesdays between 1-3pm in the cafe and in clubs.
Set your Priorities: My sign-up sheet will be to keep count and know if I need to spend extra time or to be more bold. I will try for 500/week to finish early with a fall back of 350/week.
Strengthen your Resolve: I will reassess my resolve in one week if I have not accomplished 350 quick scans. Pray for courage. Feb 27th: 241 at 1 week. If I do not accomplish this goal I will forfeit the Pierce Results Seminar in April, preventing me from certifying next quarter. I will go to the mall or a crowded place each weekend. Here is how it went: I chose 1000 because it was a challenge.

There were many points where I didn’t think I could make it. I noticed a significant difference in recognizing problems with people’s necks around the 500 mark. I have refreshed my ability to confidently stop and talk to random people (I used to do this all the time ten years ago).

I did not do the booth because I found that it was easier to stop people that were already sitting then to try to stop them while walking. The friends that encouraged me the most were those who asked me to do a quick scan on them instead of waiting for me. This was especially helpful on days where my confidence was low. I didn’t use the scheduled times as much as I expected but when I felt confident, I would stop by the cafĂ© and quick scan until my time or my confidence ran out. The sign-up sheet really helped because that would enforce my words when I would ask someone to do a quick scan.

When I saw that I only had 205 left after my last lab final and with only two days of lecture left, I was much more bold and determined to accomplish the goal. I was quick scanning everyone that I could in the hallways and classes. This was a great success; and, following this pattern, enabled me to take this goal to completion. I want to encourage everyone to make a challenging goal; start your future now, go above and beyond, and then plan to succeed.

Comments